Monday 11 January 2010

New Me

Since the originaly title of this blog was New Year, New Me I just wanted to expand on that a bit and lay out some of the things I want to change.

The major one has to be my weight! I'm not exactly sure how much I weight now but I am sure that the news wouldn't be good. Before Nepal I was going to the gym every other day and swimming on the days in between as well as regularly walking the dogs. Since I got back I am, at best taking the dogs for a little walk every now and again. Serious downturn in the activity stakes. Not only this but I feel like I consume roughly the amount of food that would keep a small country going each week.

There are excuses I could make but they are all pretty pathetic but as they run through my head each day I will list them here anyway so it's all out in the open:

We have had record amounts of snow which has kept me housebound for alot of the time.

The gym is expensive and as I don't have a job not going is a way of saving money.

Ditto for swimming (but slightly less so). Oh and for this one I'm suspicious of what the clorine does to my hair.

Snakewise - I'm only eating left over Christmas goodies so once they are gone my eating habits will get back to normal.

See, I told you they were prretty pathetic but there we go. So now I must remedy these things. I think I'm going to have to tackle it slowly as I clearly can't handle going cold turkey, and horror of horror's I'm going to have to get back on the scales, otherwise how will I know if the new regime is working?

However I really can't face the scales tonight (and I'm pretty sure you arn't supposed to weight last thing at night anyway). As to where I want to be - 8 stone. I am short and small boned so I think this is about right.

Well, wish me luck! xx

6 comments:

  1. You can do it, but it is very hard :(
    I've been going to a gym regularly for three years, unless I cut back on eating, the gym is pointless. I too need to get my act together. We'll do it!

    Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gym is out of my budget too, but I've found exercises I can do at home with weights. I've also invested in a skipping rope and I'm planning to get a hula hoop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the messages guys :-) much appreciated.

    You know Ca88andra that is a good point, I actually have a skipping rope here somewhere! Or at least I did before we started having lots of work done on the house. I must have a look for it, I bet that's great exsercise. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ava, I'm in the same boat after Christmas. Must lose weight! Why can't I start though?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you mean Tina! I was doing so well on the whole healthy eating / excersise before Christmas and the whole thing just went pear shaped and I'm finding it so hard to get back into :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hans, I've seen that post on many blogs now, how's that working out for you?

    ReplyDelete