Monday 4 January 2010

Back To Work Session

I have a 'Back To Work Session' tomorrow through the job centre, something they send you on when you have been claiming for 12 weeks I think it is. In fact I have not been working for much longer than this but because I was in Nepal I wasn't claiming so could avoid things like this.

They say it could be an hour long and I dread to think the sort of hoops we will have to jump through, I say we because it will be a group session. I'm sure things like this are really telling us that we should have jobs by now and to get off our lazy arses, but I really have been trying to find a new job and would prefer it if these ejits didn't make me feel worse about it than I already do. In fairness I know it is only someone doing their job and I suppose at least they do have a job.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the hoops. And I though eejits was only an Irish word! I guess they can be found everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the hoops one has to jump through! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I detest those sessions. I went for mine a few weeks ago. All they do is tell you about how you can use their Internet and fax machines, etc. Like we know how to get a job, there's just nothing out there right now :(

    Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I really feel better knowing I'm not the only one who thinks they are duff lol.

    Oh by the wat Tina, I have been reading a book based in Ireland and that's where I got the eejit word! xx

    ReplyDelete